AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi All. I am considering pairing the Onkyo TX-NR626 with Cambridge Aero 5.1 surround package (using the Aero 2 bookshelf speakers for the front instead of the Aero 6 Towers). I would appreciate you thoughts on this pairing and any recommendations on changes.

I am not very knowledgeable about the multitude of options out there but after having done some research the Cambridge Aero package seems to provide a lot of punch in terms of the range of sound and a fantastic cross-over level. The subwoofer also sounds like it adds very deep and low bass easily. 

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
You are speaking as if you already demo'd this speaker set, have you?

If you like the sound of the system and the price fits your budget go for it. If something sounds good to you go for it. Only thing in the package that sounds a bit overpriced is the subwoofer

HOWEVER if you are paying anywhere close to $800 for the Cambridge Aero 9 Subwoofer, there are a bunch of better options that will offer more bass and reach deep frequencies for that price. There is no need for to get a subwoofer the same brand as rest of your speakers. I would suggest you look at subwoofers from SVS, HSU, Rhythmik, and other internet direct subwoofer companys. $800 spent at those companies gives you alot more subwoofer for your money

1 - 2 of 2 Posts