AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just discovered this forum, and I must say that it's very, very informative and helpful. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

I need urgent help and any opinions on a choice between two projectors....Epson Powerlite 710c & InFocus LP-350.

Why these two??? Well, the price of projectors over here in Australia is outrageous. These two projectors alone retail for about AUS$11,000 each which is way out of my budget. The only place to pick up one for a decent price is on the online auctions (my budget is about AUS$4,000 max). At the moment both these projectors are up for auction. The Epson 710 is going for AUS$3,500 in brand new condition with only 50 hours use. The LP-350 is going for AUS$3,000 also in brand new condition with apparently little or no use at all (plus with one year warranty). These both seem like major bargains since they are both relatively new units compared to a lot of the other projectors on offer which are mostly all 3 years or more older.

I will mostly be using it for home theatre (DVD, TV) and the occasional computer game, but I DO watch a LOT of movies. I've read heaps about each projector and each has it own merits - the Epson apparently awesome with data display and reasonably good on video.....the InFocus great with data display and excellent with video. So, the choice would seem clear....or is it??

After reading a lot of peoples stories on the LP-350 I'm kind of confused, and also it's colour accuracy worries me. Projector Central reckons the Epson with an external DVDO iScan would kick butt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the auctions on these two units are finishing in a couple of days and I would like buy one of them.

Thanks!!!!!

PH

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
I'm very partial to the Infocus, in part because it doesn't need an external scaler.

Bear in mind that the exchange rate is one USD to about 2 $AU. This means that your $3000 AU price is only about $1500 US. That is a good deal compared to current US pricing, e.g., Ebay. (Hope I read the conversion table correctly!)

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.