Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help,

My M-Audio Revo driver (the latest version from their page) fails to load in the system tray. I am using Win XP Pro, and functionally the card works fine. The Revo icon used to appear in the tray, but now it doesn't . It is checked to load in MSConfig.

Does anyone know what else I can do to see why it is not loading properly?

Thanks

·
Registered
674 Posts
the card is probably not installed properly.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had this problem too. I uninstalled the drivers through the windows control panel and rebooted. After this driver uninstall I confirmed that the card was not working, and did a quick poke around in the file system to confirm that the appropriate files were gone. I rebooted once more, out of windows-based superstition (don't you hate having to reboot after everything?). I then ran the driver installer that I had recently downloaded, rebooted once more and was greeted with a fully functional Revo soundcard, sans the autolaunch of the control panel. I just poked around, found the control panel executable, and put a shortcut to that executable in my startup menu manually. No big deal. Other than this quirck, I have seen no other reasons or symptoms that lead me to suspect that my card is installed improperly. When I get home from work, I'll tell you where the installer put the control panel executable, so that you can do the same thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.