AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my RSX-1055 and checked my firmware version by hitting the mute button and this is what the LCD display read: V2.2.5_030225. I guess that means that I have V2.25, right? So downloaded the latest version (V2.26) - which is good, because I am hearing a terrible popping noise when I change channels and manuever through a DVD. Is the update going to fix that?

Anyway I just went through the whole process with my old laptop running Win 95 and everything appeared to work great - everything went according to the instructions, but now the receiver wont turn on! No light, no LCD display, nothing. Went through the process twice and got the same negative result.

One thing that I did notice was that when you are supposed to turn on the receiver during the process, the instructions say that the LCD display will not light up - mine did not - which is good - but neither did the red power button. I am just wondering if that might be something. From the time just after I started the upgrade until now, the receiver is just dead.

Please help, thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.