AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got a RPTV with component input(Mits55613) so I can hook up my RP91 through progressive out. But the color is way off. I first tried the interlaced output and the color looked fine.

But when I pushed the progressive button on the front of the player, the picture is horrible. Everything is kind of pinkish-blue looking. Am I missing some setting I need to also make on the DVD player? Any other ideas/suggestions?

·
Registered
776 Posts
There's a bug in the RP91's setup that'll shift the color to pink, IIRC. Do a search for the RP91 FAQ page, there's all the info there on how to correct it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've noticed a similar problem with my Denon 1600 and NEC 240K projector; colors look great interlaced, but way too much green (perhaps not enough blue?) progressive. Is this also a known problem with the 1600? I tried calibrating with Avia and the blue bars, but still too green. I will try again with the green bars.

The wife unit keeps asking why I bought the 1600 when our 3 year old Sony worked fine.:(

Brett

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Kevin. I'll try to read that. but how could the unit be that far off in the first place?

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did a search for rp91 faq, but it only came up with this thread.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, that's a lot of info there. I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found the RP91 FAQ page, and it lists the firmware updates, which I need since my version is 155, the original one. But the FAQ says to search AVS forum for how to get the updates. I searched AVS but didn't find the thread on firmware updates.

Anybody know where it is?

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks,

I already found it and updated to version 250. This got rid of the pink tint when using the U settings with progressive output.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.