AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Replay 2004 upgraded with Maxtor 80GB has worked flawlessly for about two years until last week. Now it has twice locked up right after I turn it on. Should I do a full reset? Or is there something less drastic to try first. I can't remember the code to reset it and the FAQ is now very confusing (compared to a couple of years ago).

The FAQ says:

382-ReplayZones on the 4XXX models and higher, this will reset the unit to factory defaults. This is great if the unit becomes unstable, or if you need to resize the photo partition. This will erase all shows and recording channels from your unit! If your unit has the 3.X software, use 777-ReplayZones.

Which leads me to think a 777-Zones will do it. But the FAQ also says, regarding 243-Zones:

"As close as I can tell, it was a reformat/reinitalize of the partition back when version 2 upgraded from 64 sector clusters to 256 sector clusters. Since then, I don't think it really does anything."

Any help would be great. I feel a sense of urgency because who knows what's going to happen in the next few days, and I'd like a working unit before whatever hits the fan, does hit the fan. Thanks,

-W

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
777 zones is the "restore factory default" code. If you haven't already perform a cold boot (unplug for 1 minute). Cold boot has corrected many software issues.

After 2 years of use your 80 gig may be on the way out.

243 zones partition option won't help any.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, Mike, I could install the drive in my PC and run the Maxtor uilities to make sure it is ok. Then use your replay20XXvs3.02 image and that should fix any problem that is indeed fixable, right? Can anyone point me to the most updated info for this process?

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.