AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a TWC SA8300HDC and have added a NexStar3 enclosure w/ a Seagate 1.5TB 7200 RPM eSata drive.

When I power down the system and power it back on the drive is detected and the drive allows me to format it. The 8300 also detects the new formated space, updates the space used and allows us to record new shows to the external drive.

Everything was going well until this past weekend.

Suddenly we started to experience the following:

1.) Could not record shows and then watch the delayed show (i.e. start a football game 1 hour after it started). The result was a choppy playback to the point that it was unwatchable. This forced us to skip the first half of the game and watch it live.

2.) Later that day I tried to rewind live TV (not recording anything) and it was glitchy and did not perform well. In an effort to fix the issue I powered off the 8300HDC and powered it back on. It prompted me to format the external drive. I chose not to since we had other shows previously recorded that we still want to watch. Unfortunately when I went to the DVR list it didn't show anything on the external drive.

3.) My wife attempted to rewind Good Morning America and she could not. Sound the alarms!

So I have a couple questions:

1.) Is what I am experiencing unique, should I be able to rewind and delay start shows that I am watching and/or recording on the external drive just like the internal drive.

2.) Any recommendations on how to fix/avoid the issue above?

3.) Since the drive is not detected is it possible to recover or copy off the shows to a PC so that I can watch them.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Most likely this is a problem with the cable box itself. you need to unplug power from it. Wait a minute, and then plug power back in. Each time it hoses up, you will have to do this.

I have to unplug my box about once a week. If your DVR drive is not full up with goodies, consider calling in the provider to swap out that box. Tell them you want a NEW box this time. I have had about 6 different SCI Atlanta DVR boxes. Sucks losing all of your DVR content.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts