AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am having a dilemma with a faux wall that has to be built to be the wall for the screen. The room will be 19' x 14'. Im planning 2 rows with a 130" screen. The projector is the Sony 4k.

If I sacrifice 2' from the depth of the room, I can get a fixed screen with side mounted speakers. If I want to add 2' to the 19' to make a total depth of 21', I need a drop down screen.

Do you sacrifice quality with the drop down or space with the fixed screen?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about a fixed frame Acoustically transparent screen, so you can put the speakers behind the screen?
The problem is that wall would have a double door on the right side for access to the water meters. I cannot mount anything to that wall because of that stupid double closet.

For a 4k projector, is a drop down screen kind of like getting a HDTV and not getting HD channels?

·
Registered
19,506 Posts
Hi All,

I am having a dilemma with a faux wall that has to be built to be the wall for the screen. The room will be 19' x 14'. Im planning 2 rows with a 130" screen. The projector is the Sony 4k.

If I sacrifice 2' from the depth of the room, I can get a fixed screen with side mounted speakers. If I want to add 2' to the 19' to make a total depth of 21', I need a drop down screen.

Do you sacrifice quality with the drop down or space with the fixed screen?

Thanks in advance.

Electric screens don't sacrifice quality - they just cost more. Give us a call at AV Science for advice, and price quotes. Also, a photo of the room and where the screen is going would help us help you, if you can post one !

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Craig for your help. Here is a drawing. Not sure how well it shows. The screen is at the bottom. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425610833.171336.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts