AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a HP-T4264. It was manufactured in July 07. I bought in Sept. 07. Needless to say the warranty has expired and I didn't purchase the extended warranty. To try to discribe the problem I'm having is kind of like the blue sparkles problem in some other post. My sparkles are primarily blue, but you can see some green and red. This is occurring on the sides of the screen as if you are viewing standard broadcast 4:3(the gray bar area). I do have a small 3" black blob outlined in red in the top right corner. The picture itself seems to be more prone now to IR(image retention). I'm currently running screen burn protection and it clears off those images, but the sparkles are still there for now. I'm letting this run tonight as I have seen that recommended in other post. I have contacted Samsung and will be contacted tomorrow. I'm online trying to find any info. I can about my situation and have found some very useful info. on this site and was hoping some of you more knowledge people may have some answers. I also wanted to see how many other people may be experiencing this same problem. I read the post about the blue sparkles on the 4253 and wanted to see what input some of you may have about this problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone have any advice on this? I'm no where near the life of the tv. Anyone else experience this? Do I have something calibrated wrong. I basically took it out of the box and turned it on.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I think Samsung will take care of you on this. A small percentage of these panels have had what appears to error diffusion issues.

From what I gather, they ultimately replace the panel and they'll cover you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts