AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!

First of all..... Sorry if there already was a thread about this topic.

However, I couldn't find information on my question, so maybe you can help me.

I have my Samsung connected via the 5.1. analogue outputs to my Yamaha Receiver. The speakers in the Samsung audio setup menu are all set to large /on.

However, when listening to a PCM Track, I seem to get almost no sound from the subwoofer. I tried everything to get more bass, however, it won't work.

Did anyone of you experiece a similar problem or could you please guide me to a thread that discusses such a problem? I think I recall there was a discussion a few month back on a similar issue.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Bye

Andreas

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyandy /forum/post/0

Hello everybody!

First of all..... Sorry if there already was a thread about this topic.

However, I couldn't find information on my question, so maybe you can help me.

I have my Samsung connected via the 5.1. analogue outputs to my Yamaha Receiver. The speakers in the Samsung audio setup menu are all set to large /on.

However, when listening to a PCM Track, I seem to get almost no sound from the subwoofer. I tried everything to get more bass, however, it won't work.

Did anyone of you experiece a similar problem or could you please guide me to a thread that discusses such a problem? I think I recall there was a discussion a few month back on a similar issue.

Andreas

Welcome to the new world. You are not alone. My Yamaha RXV2700 has the same problem with the Toshiba XA2 HD DVD player (via HDMI). Nothing I tried could solve the probelm so I just returned the XA2.

·
Registered
701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerguy288 /forum/post/0

Welcome to the new world. You are not alone. My Yamaha RXV2700 has the same problem with the Toshiba XA2 HD DVD player (via HDMI). Nothing I tried could solve the probelm so I just returned the XA2.

That doesn't make much sense to me. Your receiver is the issue.

·
Registered
219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayselle /forum/post/0

That doesn't make much sense to me. Your receiver is the issue.

It's not just Yamaha, some Pioneers, Denons, and other receivers have the same problem. There are many many in the AVS forum reporting the low LFE and lower overall audio problems. Some say it's the receivers, some say it's the players. I don't know. I am just frustrated.

·
Registered
701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerguy288 /forum/post/0

It's not just Yamaha, some Pioneers, Denons, and other receivers have the same problem. There are many many in the AVS forum reporting the low LFE and lower overall audio problems. Some say it's the receivers, some say it's the players. I don't know. I am just frustrated.

No Denon's I know have this issue? My 2807 works flawlessly and has great LFE output from my HD-A2.

The Pioneer Elite's now have firmware fix for this. You just have to take it to a service center to be upgraded. Hopefully Yamaha will release a fix.

The sole reason why I bought Denon was the fact it doesn't have any audio issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.