AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem I'm having?

I own a 42LG30 720P LCD TV. When I connect my brand new samsung blu-ray player to my tv (via HDMI) the default settings is 1080P. So basicaly it sends a 1080P signal to my tv, and my tv down scales it to 720p.

My problem is when I adjust the resolution in the samsungs menu to 720p, all the menus become distorted as if the resolution is wrong, (edges are jagged and blocky looking). Why would the image become distorted when i configure it to the proper native 720p resolution of my tv? And then become perfect when i set the machine to the wrong resolution (1080P). My xbox 360 is set at720p and i've never had a problem like this. I've updated all the firmware as well.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzincruzin /forum/post/15545281

Hi everyone I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem I'm having?

I own a 42LG30 720P LCD TV. When I connect my brand new samsung blu-ray player to my tv (via HDMI) the default settings is 1080P. So basicaly it sends a 1080P signal to my tv, and my tv down scales it to 720p.

My problem is when I adjust the resolution in the samsungs menu to 720p, all the menus become distorted as if the resolution is wrong, (edges are jagged and blocky looking). Why would the image become distorted when i configure it to the proper native 720p resolution of my tv? And then become perfect when i set the machine to the wrong resolution (1080P). My xbox 360 is set at720p and i've never had a problem like this. I've updated all the firmware as well.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. Please ask your question in you players Master thread. LINK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.