AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

Just like to say thanks for the excellent instructions and photos.  I had the same issue with the tray randomly opening (incredibly annoying) but I followed the above a couple of weeks ago and no problems since!

·
Registered
1 Posts

i wanted to post and say thank you to everyone that pitched in. So far so good on my end. I have samsung tv un55d6400 and hte5400. same issues, excluding the disk tray opening...however the inputs would switch so bad that I couldnt modify settings on either unit. i followed instructions on this thread, rather simple...so far so awesome!! it has not switched inputs yet....would have done it like 50times just typing this...so all good...THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thank you SO much for the fix!

You have saved what was left of my sanity...I must ask a question though: Is the touch screen that sensitive or does it have to be physically damaged to act this way?

·
Registered
17,491 Posts
Hard to say. I've never been a fan of touchscreen on devices like that. I have a Panasonic blu-ray player that had a touch "screen" on the top to open/close the tray. I disabled it (just turned it off) because dusting the unit would activate it and that got old quick. Besides, I don't need, or want, that feature so it's loss is not a big deal to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hey, I would love to know how to remove the front panel connection.  I'm a little confused as I have the HT-E5500 but there is no touch screen on the front, unless I'm totally missing something!  I have one wide button with plus and minus on either side and that's about it!  So could that be the issue I'm having.  I mean would even disconnect the whole front as I don't really look at the front screen - all done by the control and the tv shows the options.  Such an annoying problem...and yes, i'm out of warranty!  I'm sure it would cost samsung about £1 to repair, or less...but they'd charge a good £100 for it or more.

Just some basic instructions would be helpful

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for this post. Mine is not changing source. Just the tray keeps opening and closing all the time making it impossible to watch dvd's or use the unit at all. I will try the above and see what happens. Mine is out of warranty so I did not fancy having to pay for it to be repaired.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all - wanted to update and let you know that since my unit was under warranty, I sent it back to them for repair. Got it back within 2 weeks and it has worked fine since then. Nice to know there is a workaround should it ever happen again (my warranty ends on January 28).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks RushFreak2112... after cleaning the front panel, updating software, cleaning the front panel again and I decided to give your steps a go and it's been working well since.

So for all the other guys who do not care about the touch screen, simply switch that off and your peleja will be solved.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongboardTribe  /t/1481206/help-samsung-ht-e5500-keeps-changing-source/30#post_24162541

Thanks RushFreak2112... after cleaning the front panel, updating software, cleaning the front panel again I then decided to give your steps a go and it's been working well since.

So for all the other guys who do not care about the touch screen, simply switch that off and your problems will be solved.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Same issues with my unit. I Called Samsung on 1/6/2014, althougjh my unit was out of warranty they provided me with a courtsey repair. I sent the unit to thier repair center on 1/7/2014. Unit was repaired and delivered back to me on 1/10/2014. They replaced the (Assy Cover P-Front), part number (AH96-01605A). Ran the unit for six hours over the weekend the unit worked fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thank You Rush!  Your steps to disconnect the front panel touch screen have worked great, so far.  Cleaning the front didn't work for me, either...  

·
Registered
1 Posts

Joined this forum to thank Rush for his solution especially the pictures, we were lost as to why all of a sudden this box would start changing sources...my friends have had it for more than a year and it just started doing this tonight, you really helped us, we were a bit nervous to take out the clips etc, but we summoned the courage and it was so easy, now it's working. We never ever used the touch screen before anyway.

Thanks from switzerland!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Ok wanna say thanks a bunch to the person/people who stated they disconected the touch panel on this blueray player ive had so many problems with the mode cycling for months now so i took it apart, disconected screen and now works awsome! special thx to the person who posted the pics it really helped me to know what to un hook! anyone who is having this problem do what we did took me 20 minuits works like new now.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi everyone. I suscribed in this forum just to thank guys here for the solution of this problem. I have a SAMSUNG HT-E5530 out of waranty, that change source erratically. I looked for solution on the internet for several months. I think this solution interest people all over the world.

So thank you very much. Especially for the pictures and explainations. Do you let me diffuse this to others, in french forums ?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thank you thank you thank you!  I am another person who's sanity you have saved.  Your instructions and pictures were very clear.  The "throwaway" electronics these days drive me crazy. I spent way too many hours trying to figure out this problem... but it seems that your solution has worked for me (so far).

·
Registered
1 Posts

Add me to the list of thankful people! I have been so frustrated by this issue! Mine is also out of warranty and Samsung wants me to pay upwards of $100 to fix. Has anyone else had any luck with getting them to pay?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also created an account just to say THANK YOU to rushfreak2112. Your brilliance solved my very frustrating 'source' problem. Many thanks also to the person who posted the photos. So very helpful!

Michele in Florida

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine does not cycle randomly...only once, on startup, every time. Regardless of the source the HT box is set to when I shut it off....about 10 seconds after picture displays on my TV, the source on the HT box changes to D-IN. I can change the source back to the appropriate setting with the remote and the problem will not happen again until I power cycle the HT box.

I may try to disconnect the touch screen...thanks for the tip.

41 - 60 of 151 Posts