Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gang,

the more i read, the more confused i get so my prayer is that someone will help me out. we're building a new house and i've talked my wife into letting me place a flat screen on our wall in the den. i am debating between the samsung LN-R409D LCD and Pioneer Elite PRO-920HD plasma. i like the Samsung because it seems to be a relatively new LCD technology and i've heard that LCD looks better. i like the pioneer because all the cable or satelite wire go into single media receiver and then i'll only have one digital connection cable that i will have to run to the tv. i was also told by the guy at tweeter that this was better than any LCD out there but i didn't believe him, though the picture did look good.

there will be a power outlet hidden behind where the tv will be mounted but there won't be any room for a cable box below the tv - i'm going to have to lay about 25' of cabling through the ceiling and wall to get from where she wants to place the cable box/receiver to where the tv will be mounted. it seems the pioneer will be the easier model to do that with but maybe not. the samsung looks like it has at least 8 wires that mount to the back of the tv and i'll have to string all of them.

i've read through a lot of posts and you guys are experts in this. i know these questions may sound stupid or confusing but anyone who would be willing to give me some advice regarding the merits of both tv's as well as my mounting issues i really would appreciate.

·
Registered
447 Posts
pieplow,

Welcome to the forums. For the future, I would recommend a better title for a thread then just Help. Most people in these forums are looking for some kind of help, if you use a better description for future threads you will get more responses. (Most people just skip threads with title like Help, and Urgent, etc.)

As for your issue, how long till your house will be completed? If you have several months or a year to go, you will want to wait since prices will drop and new models will be released.

When it comes to LCD vs Plasma, I personally think that Plasma are winning. This is something that is completely subjective and your best option would be to go to a B & M like BB or CC and start looking at LCDs and Plasmas. Also see if you can get a Plasma and LCD right next to each other to look at and compare with the Mark 1 Eyeball.

One thing that would be helpful is how far away from the screen will you be sitting?

Take Care,

Richard

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks richard. when i read your screen name i thought i was going to get hammered as an idiot but you didn't. hopefully over the next couple days i'll get some feedback. do you think i should repost it with a better title or will the forum not allow that?

·
Registered
447 Posts
pieplow,

It looks like you were able to edit the title of you thread. I have yet to start a thread in these forums so I have not tried to edit one. ;)

Take Care,

Richard

P.S. I am still learning myself, I would not dream of saying anything to anyone else trying to learn too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.