AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my sat-hd100 last night and I've had my Sony tv since xmas. I'm not t smart as you can tell once you read through some of these questions I have. Any answers will be greatly appreciated!

1. I have also have a sony a-55 reciever hooked up to the same tv and when I turn the channel on one they both turn. I have the set up rf setting on my remote for the sat-hd100 but it still changes the channel on my A-55. What should I do?

2. One of the main reasons I got this second reciever was to enjoy Picture in picture. My inputs on the tv for a dtv reciever are for video 5 and video 5 is not used in pip only video 1-4. What can I do to get Pip for two directv sources?

3. On channel 509 (HDTV) my hdtv ready tv shows the picture in 1080i which looks great, but it has black bars on the top and bottom (which is to be expected) AND the sides (which I don't think should happen). What can I do?

4. The Sat-hd100 remote will not take register my pioneer dvd player. Their is only one number for pioneer dvd's in the sat-hd100 owners manual. What can I do?

5. I bought a terk-20 indoor antenna and I'm getting nothing but static. I know I should be recieving something. Am I doing this right? I hit tv video until I get to the static. ie video 1 then 2,3,4,5, and then I think the next time I hit it I should get some stations.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I hate buying new toys and not know how they work!!!

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I am assuming you have a Sony 4x3 with vertical squeeze...

1. I think to solve this problem, you would need an RF remote receiver, and an IR remotes receiver (e.g. the sony B50 is an IR remote receiver)

2. UltimateTV capable receivers have 2 tuners, and as far as I know, its the only 2-tuner reveiver available.

3. One of several possible scenarios to explain this problem:

3.1 the actual image received is 4x3 480i digital, but the hd100 is upconverting it to 16x9 1080i. This would explain black bars on the sides since the width of the image was only 4x3 to begin with. You can corrct this by configuring the hd100 to pass through 480i digital directly to the TV, with no upconversion

3.2 the broadcaster took a 4x3 480i image and upconverted it to 16x9 1080i, with no cropping of the image. Black bars will be seen on sides, and you cannot correct this

4. can't help

5. can't help

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the HD-100 and a 61HS10

1.Can't help

2.I'll assume you have 2 seperate lines running from a Multi switch. one to the HD-100 and one to the A-55.

Now in theory this should work http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif If you run an s-video cable from the A-55 to one of the video inputs on the HS10 (not Vid-5)lets say video-1 and you also run an s-video cable from the HD-100 to another Video input on the HS10 lets say Video-3 and Run component cables from the HD-100 to Video-5 and set the Hd-100 to Variable output. When you select PIP from the Vid-1 and vid-2 sources it should work.

Then when you select 509 from the HD100 It will switch to the component output and display an HDTV pic on Vid-5 (of course no pip) Now I've never tried this but you can give it a whirl I think it would work.

3. Make sure you are using component cables to Vid-5 of the HS10 from the HD-100 and set the output of the HD100 to variable. If its a 16:9 broadcast then it will fill the screen side to side. Only if its sent as a 16:9 pic.If not then it will be letterboxed (black bars all around)

4. can't help

5.I don't know exactly what your trying to pick up? Digital? Analog?

------------------

SAT-HD100 KP-61HS10 STR-V444ES DVP-S9000ES

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much for your responses. I got pip to work...great idea! Now I want to be able to get HDTV broadcast over the air. All I am getting is static and I have a terk 20 indoor antenna. Suggestions? I have the antenna plugged in and a cable going to the dtv input on the reciever but when I'm in vhf/uhf on the tv all I get is static...

·
Registered
43 Posts
1) If you haven't already, run auto program to set up DTV signals. Hit Menu, select 1, select Non Sat, and select auto program.

2) If you don't get signals after 1, your antenna signal may not be strong. Most people had to invest in good antenna to get OTA.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If your signal strength is strong enough you should get a pic. You have the antenna hooked up to the DTV input on the back of the HD100 thats correct. Then you have to go to the menu, then System, then scroll down to Non-satellite and select it then select auto program then select digital stations then select digital. It will auto scan the available DTV stations that have a strong enough signal to lock onto and put them in your guide. Then select guide and then select the new DTV stations that will be there.

You have to select Video-5 on the HS10 to view HDTV OTA. Set the HD100 to variable output and you will be able to view the digital stations on whatever video input you have the s-video cable hooked up to on the HS10. Vid-5 for HD.

Hope this helps.

------------------

SAT-HD100 KP-61HS10 STR-V444ES DVP-S9000ES

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have been able to successfully program the HD-100 remote to control both my early generation Pioneer combi DVD/LD player as well as my Harmon Kardon receiver. It also can operate my Mitsubishi VCR. At first, I wasn't successful in programming the remote. You need to follow the directions very carefully and try several combinations, making sure you are entering the code in the correct sequence and also with the slider switch on the right-hand side of the remote set in the correct position. Since I'm at work I don't have the codes I used handy but can post them for you (particularly the one for the Pioneer DVD/LD player). Luckily, in my case, I have put ALL of my other remotes away and now the HD-100 remote to handle basic features of all my equipment which is quite nice....

·
Registered
5 Posts
4. The Sat-hd100 remote will not take register my pioneer dvd player. Their is only one number for pioneer dvd's in the sat-hd100 owners manual. What can I do?

I have been unable to program the remote to work with any of my a/v equipment. The default settings work fine with my tv though. Has anybody been able to get it to work with other devices ? If so does the tell-tale led work when using the inside the remote ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.