AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I bought a panny pt53wx54j about 1.5 years ago. Just past the one year mark it had a short inside and went black. Over the past couple of months I found a burned out resistor and replaced it (no electronics experience, but some help from the net). This allowed the power button to cause a partial startup followed by power down and a flashing led on the front. I would like to get a schematic and see if I can figure this out. I don't have the money to repair or to buy another. Thank you.

· Registered
5,038 Posts
1. Service manuals aren't free. You can do some searching & buy one for under $50.

2. A schematic does not, by any means, guarantee you can figure out, let alone solve your problem.

3. Resistors are easy to acquire. Other components, like IC's and transformers are difficult for consumers to get a hold of.

Best idea I can suggest is post the location of the burnt resistor, and how many blinks you get on the LED. Might get you closer to conjuring a miracle.

Hammer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.