AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a true novice when it comes to sound systems so please excuse any ignorance.

I purchased a Sony Bravia last year from Best Buy. It's the 48" model I think. I also purchased a vizio sound bar. I was quite surprised to find that I had to control the sound bar separately from the tv. I was fully expecting that the sound bar would turn on and off when the tv turned on and off, I was also expecting the sound bar to increase and decrease in volume when I turned it up or down on the tv.

I hate having multiple remotes for every device and I especially hated that the sound was so "separated" from the tv controls.

Is there any sound system that will work the way I want it to? One that will turn on/off when the tv does, one that will turn up/down when I turn volume up/down with tv remote?

·
Registered
15,943 Posts
Try using a universal remote control (URC) instead. You can teach them to combine the functions of two or more products from one page of controls so whereas the channel up and down buttons command one device the volume up/down controls another.

They also have "macros" where one master power on or off button does all devices.

I have a Harmony URC I like but there are affordable ones from many companies which will give you these conveniences.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts