AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me select a HT receiver. I’m looking at spending about $1000.

I listen to 70% movies and 30% music. My room is 18 x 12 x 7 ½ feet. I have Salk HTS in an MTM configuration as front and center in-wall speakers. The rear speakers are in-ceiling.

I have the JVC XVBP1 quick-load Blu-ray player and a 50” Samsung 1080p DLP TV.

I have not selected a subwoofer yet but will pick one soon. Here’s my subwoofer thread http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post16970850

I want Audyssey MultiEQ setup (or equivalent) and HDMI switching and upconverting to 1080p. I want to have an Ethernet connection for internet radio and for pulling content from my home network and PCs. Also an iPod dock option.

The Yamaha RX-V3800BL is only $825 at Amazon. That’s a great price but it is getting old or dated? The RX-B3900BL is more than twice the price – is it really that much better?

What about the Onkyo TX-SR806 or the Denon AVR-3808CI? Or the upcoming Onkyo HT-RC180?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Bill

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is anyone aware of receiver lines about to be introduced that would cause me to hold off before buying?

I couldn't find many details about the upcoming Onkyo HT-RC180.

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just picked up a refurbed. Onkyo 806 (silver) at ClubOnkyo for $479.00 including shipping! You can find great deals there. I felt the features on the new Onkyos weren't important enough for me to warrant the extra $.

I owned the Onkyo 603 and it has served me well, so, after looking closely at Harman Kardon & Denon, I decided to stick with Onkyo.

bub_star

·
Registered
523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bub_star /forum/post/17208374

I just picked up a refurbed. Onkyo 806 (silver) at ClubOnkyo for $479.00 including shipping! You can find great deals there. I felt the features on the new Onkyos weren't important enough for me to warrant the extra $.

I owned the Onkyo 603 and it has served me well, so, after looking closely at Harman Kardon & Denon, I decided to stick with Onkyo.

bub_star

congrats on your purchase.. let us know how it works out...

i have bought 3 receivers in the last 3 months... pioneer vsx-519, denon 1910, yamaha rx-v995, and finally a pioneer sc-05.. i keep finding small issues that i dont like about each receiver. i havent messed with the sc-05 yet... we shall see though..

479 is a great price11!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.