Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help finding a projector. I have some odd criteria:

- long throw lens. (Will need ~10' wide at throw of 26')

- Horizontal Aspect (keystone) correction. Unfortunatly the projector will have to be mounted about 1 - 2 foot off the center of the room.

It will also have to be pretty bright. I would say at least 1000 lumens. I've been looking at the Studio Experience Cinema 20HD, but I don't see anything in the specs on horizontal keystone, so I assume it doesn't have it. I was thinking about the Sharp XV-Z90U, but I don't think it's bright enough. I don't think the NEC HT1000 is offered with a long throw lens?

Any other suggestions?

thanks,

jake

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Yes, the Sanyo PLV-70/20HD has horizontal keystone. However, at 26 ft you'll get an image 11.3 feet wide for the smallest measurement. Is that 26 feet from the lens to the screen? Remember it exhausts out the back. What is causing all of your restrictions?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm helping a friend put together a theater. The existing room is 18'x26' and it has a storage closet at the back that is perfect for a projection/equipment room, except that it ends at the center line of the room. so the projector mounted as close to the inside wall as possible in the projection room will still put it probably 1 foot off the center line.

the screen will be about a foot off the wall in the proscenium, so from the lens to the screen will be roughly 26'. I am not opposed to a larger picture. I am just concerned about picture being washed out, and screen door effect. Although 2200 lumens and a pretty big lcd panel, it would probably do ok at 12' or so....?

Interestingly enough the 13HD is offered with an optional long throw lens that would be perfect. If it has horizontal keystone it might work even better....

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
look into the Hitachi 5500 or the JVC sx-21 both very bright. The only way to virtually eliminate screen door.

Have you viewed a LCoS projector? I suggest you do

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Keystone correction is a bad thing in my mind...

Extend the cupboard... Add a hushbox to the projector enclosure part... Do what it takes...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.