AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm working to get my theater planned for my new house which begins construction in September. My room is 19'2" x 17'4". (Front and center will be against the 17'4" wall)

My question is: What are some recommendations for this audio setup if my budget is a)$1500 b)$2000 c)$2500?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I meant to include a note asking to forward me to other threads as appropriate. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Is the budget for:

- speakers only

- speakers and sub

- speakers and sub and receiver

- speakers and sub and receiver and blu-ray

Is it HT only or HT & music?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response.

Budget is for speakers and subs only.

Primary purpose of the room is for hdtv, movies, and gaming. There will be very little time spent solely listening to music.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aesthetics are not particularly important, especially since the front 3 will be behind the acoustically transparent screen.

But man, those aren't exactly elegant are they?

Any ideas on covering them? Even the optional metal grilles are fairly unattractive...

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
For CHT stuff, call them and talk to Craig about ideas. I'm sure

Your room is about the same size as mine, and I have 3 KEF iQ3 and 2 Kef iQ1 and a Rythmik F12 and it is sweet (but multi-channel music is also important to me).

Since you have an AT screen, if you went similar but current and better, here's a 5.2 for you:

- 3 x Kef iQ70 (get a pair from accessories4less at $650, and a single from Frys for $400)

- 2 x Kef iQ30 (get a pair from a4l at $350)

- 1 x Rythmik F12

Your options are limitless, really. Such as, get 3 pairs of iQ30 (for $1050) plus a CHT SS-18.2 for $1200.

But I am side-tracked; for dominantly HT I'd see if Craig can improve the SHOs.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great. Thanks for your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.