AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucl3arboNg /forum/post/20826255

Hey all just got the sirius today and have a setup question. Does the 8pin connector carry digital audio or do I need to also plug an optical cable in?

Thanks

I don't know with certainty. I've checked the user manual and it doesn't say. I found the attached pinout diagram online, which implies that it's analog.

But Sirius audio quality is so horrible anyway that I doubt you'll find any difference between the analog and digital optical output.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thx for the quick responce.....just trying to get this working properly. having a hard time getting my harmony one setup to run this thing. what I can't figure out is how to use the optical cable when I need to run the sirius through the 8pin.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
K this doesn't seem to be working as I'm hearing no difference in sound when doing this. What input should I be plugging the optical into on the avr when the 8pin is in the Sirius input? On my display what would I be looking for to show it's running digital sound? As of now it's just displaying that it's got a L and R feed.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya just confusing why they even put the connection on the thing. It won't work unless I have the 8pin plugged in, and then it needs to be on the "Sirius" input. There is no optical input for Sirius on the avr.

Once again I really appreciate your help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.