AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just recently having a problem with black levels on my Sharp LCD. The problem is hard to explain, but basically the blacks seem to blend together and there is no distinction between black objects on the screen. For example, if there is a night scene, or a black backround, all black or dark objects cannot be made out on the TV. Some of the black seems to have a "glow" to it as well.

The TV just started doing this and it is very noticeable. I didn't change anything (settings, devices, cables etc). It just "happened". I have tried fooling around with some of the settings to fix it, but have been unable to correct it.

I have also checked all of my connections and they seem to be tight. Anyone have any ideas??? I am using all component cables and this occurs on SD cable channels.

Thanks much in advance.

Anthony

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUGEN
its the tv, all the aquos have this problem. i have 2 gd6u's horible with blacks :eek:
We have had this TV for a number of months. My wife swears on all that is holy that this problem JUST started happening. Is there something that would cause the blacks to get noticeably worse?

HD channels don't seem to be affected - at least from what I/she can tell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.