AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone help me with this? My NEW TV has an 'OPC/DL' red light blinking. The TV wont do anything! It worked great for the 2 days I owned it until today. If I hit the power on button (remote or TV) the "POWER" button stays on for like 2 seconds then nothing happens. There is a OPC/DL red light on the TV panel that blinks two times, pauses, and repeats over and over. Manual says OPL/DL=Optical Picture Control/Download

Sharp couldnt help me and said earliest someone can look at it is late next week.

I tried these things.........

1. Unplugging

2. Changed remote batteries

3. Verified hookups (only hooked up to Standard cable and Bose Dvd)

4. Pressed Reset

Any help is appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone respond with help? My parents' new TV did the same thing - it just won't turn on and flashes those lights!!!

Thanks!!!

alison

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Did you do the rest properly?

Hold reset, while holding reset unplug the tv, plug it back in then release reset. If that don't do it press System Reset (no need to hold or unplug).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, my problem came back today, 24 Feb 06. The first time the TV was out a few days but one day it worked and stayed working until today. The TV wont turn on and the red OPC/DL light 'blinks 2 times, pause, and repeats. I had Sharp on the phone and he guided me thru the reset procedure. No luck. It'll be 2 weeks before the local Sharp authorized tech can make it out here.

Anyone help with this problem? Thanks........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Helpallison and I can't be the only two people who have this problem?

Book says blinking OPC red light indicates its downloading TV guide or cable card. I don't use either and Sharp says it should not blink if I don't have the cable card in. I don't. I unplug it for hours at a time and have reset it it a bunch of times but nothing. I can hear it for a brief second try to turn on but nothing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If anyone has this problem, mine turned out to be 'POWER SUPPLY PCB, P/N RDENCA109WJZZ'. Required Sharp service to install. Overall I was pleased with their service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am experiencing a similar issue with my 26D7U that I have owned for a little over a week. I am using a Cable Card and also TV Guide On Screen. If the OPC/DL light is a solid red (usually in the morning), the TV comes on very quickly and the colors are way "off"-kind of pale red and murky light green. If I power off the TV and power it back on all is OK. It also appears that if the light is red in the morning, the TV guide download did not happen. If the light is green, the TV guide download has taken place correctly.

I have tried numerous types of reset - reset button while TV on, the simultaneous depression of the reset button and plugging in the TV, but nothing seems to help. I have tried the reset while the colors are "off" and also when the tv appears to be operating normally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.