AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ShowStopper 2000 wacked out on me tonight. Not sure what happened, but it did not get The Amazing Race.

I have a guaranteed recording setup for Enterprise (ch.9) and then The Amazing Race (ch.2). It recorded Enterprise, but failed to switch channels to get The Amazing Race. It did, however, record as schedule, which means it recorded Twilight Zone, which follows Enterprise on ch.9.

What happened?

The only thing different than usual, was that I inadvertently pulled on my cable co's (Time Warner) guide; and left it up for most of Enterprise and into the first minutes of the following show. I have Digital Cable and the Explorer 2100 (Scientific Atlanta) box.

Replay was on, TV was on, but with the Blue "Panasonic/ReplayTV" Screen (I believe).

So, the likely question is if the Digital Cable Guide is Up, is Replay capable of changing channels; or is there a problem?

Any other thoughts on why Replay failed to switch channels??

·
Registered
448 Posts
My guess would be that if your digital cable guide is uup, nothing is capable of changing channels.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
suppose, a little wierd since you can change channels with the cable remote while the cable guide is up. The guide has that little window so you can peruse the guide and still watch a show.

Yup, that's seem to be it. Just did an experiement, went live, pulled up the cable guide, then attempted to change channels with the Replay remote. No go!

It does the little 1 second black, the Replay "Display" pops up showing the intended channel (it wants to switch to), then pops back to the cable guide.

Crap!

Now, I've got to watch Enterprise thru the cable guides LITTLE window!:-( Well, hopefull I'll be able to locate The Amazing Race, if so I shoot that to the TV via my ATI All-In-Wonder card.:)

Later, thanks for the response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.