Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh boy.

Bought the showstopper yesterday from Sears. Great deal - 30 hours, 399, online discount 5%, w/100 rebate.

Problem -

When watching, there seems to be a significant amount of pixiliation when there is movement on the screen... A LOT. And, last evening when I was watching "family Guy", the picture got progressivly 'whiter' as the bright colors seemed to blend in the compression algorithm....

Of course, these things are unacceptable! Anyone able to help??

Thanks!

John

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Wow that sounds like watching DirectTV to me and not a Showstopper... Bigjohns that's not normal. What recording quality are you using and also is it like that on every channel? Try unplugging it for 5 minutes and restarting it.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was super obvious on several channels (the pixiliation). Not as bad as you get when there is bad weather in the area (dish-network receiver4700 is what it's connected to), but obvious. The 'whiteout' was very disconcerting! It only occured during 'family guy', an animated program.

John

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
That should work. Maybe that channel or E*was having trouble? I wasn't watching that last night. Well give it some more time and try other channels and it doesn't look right you may have to call Panasonic or exchange it @ Sears? Look at the store demo maybe to see how it should look? Sears should have more in stock if you need to trade out and still get your deal? Best of Luck. :)

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll power it off and re-boot it. I also might reconfigure the cabling so that I'm connecting to the DISH using S-video rather than composite.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By the way - I still have the DISH connected direct to the receiver, and when I saw the whiteout I switched to display the 'pre-replay' input, and there was NO whiteout at all.

John

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Yeh that has to be a problem. Did you try setting it up for both input 1 and input 2? Maybe try it each way. Quick way to test is just move the cables and then push that "input" button on the remote to cycle through all inputs. Try both S-video and composite but you have to enter setup to change that. You could also try the 777 zones "restore factory setting" and see if that helps if not that things gotta go back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.