Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get it to work.

Skyworth progressive component outputs connected to RGB input of LT150 with the usual breakout cable. This combo works fine on NTSC dvd's. Also shows the Skyworth logo fine.

Put in R2 Sopranos Pal disc. Screen goes blue. NOT blue-tint. Just a blue (blank) screen. I can hear the Sopranos music. Disc is playing.

So, went into the LT150 menu, changed from Component to RGB. I know this is wrong, but I'm trying to experiment - with this setting I can get a picture, but it has the green tint to it that you get on the LT150 and also the vt540 when the signal is actually component but you pick RGB.

I tried going back to Component - instant blue screen. I tried various combinations of settings on the LT150 and on the Skyworth. No luck.

Does this mean the LT150 can't handle progressive component PAL? I thought for sure it could, since Frode and others like the LT150 so much.

Any ideas appreciated.

rick

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
component progressive PAL doesn't work on the LT150. I stated this in my LT150 review in the digital projector forum (do a search)

Since Sopranos is full screen iirc just switch the Skyworth over to VGA and use a regular VGA cable. Swap it back to component when you want to watch anamorphic NTSC. And don't have both cables connected to the Skyworth at the same time as that reduces the picture quality.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frode -

Thanks for the reply. Sopranos is actually anamorphic widescreen, so progressive component would have looked great, if the LT150 supported it. Oh, well. :(

I may have to drop all the way back to s-video, because I don't have a long VGA cable. I have a cheap VGA extender, but I haven't had much luck with those in the past.

thanks again.

rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.