AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen faint evenly spaced vertical bars on a SOny VPL-VW10HT LCD projector. My configuration is a Sony DVP 700S DVD player, connected through an SI iScan Plus v2 to the Sony. I am seeing faint vertical bars, evenly spaced across the screen, typically in the background of scenes during panoramic views, etc.

Does anyone know of a setting to correct this?

Thanks, Oliver

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Oliver,

I don't have this projector, but the problem doesn't sound like the projector. It sounds more like either the ground or your video cable. Have you used this cable with another projector? If so, I assume you didn't notice it with that one??? Try the other inputs (S-video, composite). The other case could be an improper ground. Does it do it with all sources?? If not, set the projector up so it DOES display the lines you are referring to. Then unhook (power, audio/video, and coax cable) each of your components one by one. I would try your cable (coax) first. That is usually the most likely place to find a ground loop problem. If you find the component that is causing the problem, try hooking it up a different way. Maybe, try plugging the AC into the same outlet as your projector. If you can, you should try to get all the components hooked in the same outlet. I realize that with space and just plain the size of the draw on your outlets that that may not be on option, but a power conditioner or some such item may help you out. If you can, go to your local "high-end" dealer and see if they will let you borrow one for your "tests".

Hope that helps,

Mike

------------------

Let's go out to the lobby.

Let's go out to the lobby.

To have ourselves a snack!

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I agree. I would suggest you check out the VPL 10VWHT forum at www.thebigpicturedvd.com Check under Hardware Forums, and then the specific 10HT forum.

Darren in Kansas City, also a 10HT owner!

------------------

Darren from Kansas City

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.