AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent this question out to bluejeans, wondering if anyone here has any input.

I have a problem dealing w/ the 42pwd6uy and the TY-ST10-M plasma table stand.

I'm looking at a variety of cables - component cables (BNC-to-RCA), S-Video, and possibly VGA-RCA or VGA-VGA and a Composite Video cable.

The issue deals with the amount of clearance between a metal plate mounted to the plasma stand and the base of the plasma where the connectors are positioned.

This issue is clearly illustrated here (sorry. not enough posts yet for URLs)

http : / / ******* _dot_ com / yv5vk

In the above image, you see that there is roughly 2.75 inches clearance between the base of the plasma and the mounting plate beneath. Taking into consideration the length the female BNC plug, the clearance is roughly 2.5 inches.

The following image measures the length of the RCA+BNC adapter that barely clears the above situation - just above 2.25 inches in length.

http : / / ******* _dot_ com / 2cpd4

With the current el-cheapo bundled cables that came with my DVD player, mated with some Radio Shack BNC-to-phono adapters (a temporary solution until I order my cables, obviously), you can see there's very little room to deal with. In fact, with some slightly better quality cables I have lying around the house, I can't fit the RCA+BNCadapter into the plug without first unfastening the plasma from the stand and lifting it up. Of course, with that solution, the cable leading from the RCA is severly bent out of shape.

Before I buy some high quality cables, and find out they don't fit, I'm wondering if anyone else has the same problem and what cables worked out for them.

I rather not introduce additional equipment (BNC elbow) if not necessary. I don't think a VGA elbow or SVideo elbow even exists!

Thanks

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have the 50 6UY and the table stand and my BlueJeans RCA/BNC cables fit without getting crimped ...

OTOH, I also checked back there and realized that my clearance is MUCH bigger than yours .... I must have 5 inches or so.

So after all that ... nevermind. Sorry. :)

Spleen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.