AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other night I decided to say "Screw That" to consistently swapping DVD's and navigating the menus for 1 track on each DVD. Case in point, if I want to listen to the DD track of the Cunning Stunts DVD, I have to go through the menu to change the audio, then find the track. Annoying. Especially when I throw in the Beasties disc next for 2 tracks and so on and so forth. Anyhow I figured I'd just rip the chapters using smart ripper and store them on the harddrive then use Zoom Player's play list capability.

Now this worked for the most part, but it DID NOT when I selected DTS only streams for my rip. One time when looking at my receiver it said DTS, but then flickered to DD, then back to DTS. Umm.. okay.

So what's the deal with getting DTS audio to work with a chapter based SmartRipper rip? I also did the exact same thing with demo/reference chapters and a lot of the best audio discs are DTS so my demo list is a little handicapped right now with only the DD rip (since that's all I could get to work)

Anyone know how to do this?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm just guessing here, but it could be that the DTS track isn't the DVD's default audio stream. If you're only ripping this stream, you need to make it the default stream. I believe you can do this in the smartripper chapter backup section. Somewhere on the right it'll list the stream ID. I think the default audio is 0x80. Additional audio streams are called 0x81 and so on. You must have a stream called 0x80 for the audio to work. You can just rename the DTS audio stream to 0x80 within smartripper.

This is all from memory, so if this doesn't fix your problem, check out www.doom9.org for more info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.