Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've probably got a snowflakes chance in hell....

but here goes:

I need a replacement blue CRT for my Sony 1271. It is a 07MP tube, and for those who aren't aware, these are the same tubes fitted to the Sony 1270, 1251, 1271.

They were also fitted to BD & BG 800, but I think these have different HT leads, and I don't know if they can be used.

Anyway, I'm looking for new, or preferably, second hand with minimal wear (as long as I can see a photo before purchase).

I am in Melbourne Australia, and am know to a few people here as a trustworthy guy. Will pay upfront.

Shipping works out to around $30 with INS from the US, Canada I would assume to be similar.

Hope someone can help.

Please send me an email, or PM.

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Pricing in Au should actually be cheaper than in the US...

and you're right, they're impossible to find in good used shape, sorry!

Curt

·
Registered
968 Posts
I think I've got a complete new RGB set and at least one more new blue by itself. The first thing is I wouldn't know is how much to ask for one and the second thing would be my extrodinary fear of shipping out of the US. I recall that I paid about $600+ US the last time I bought a blue tube from a distributor, but what are they worth today?

By the way, these have Sony leads on them and since I'm a Barco fanatic I usually just change out the lead myself when I'm about to install one in an 800.

What carrier can you ship with for $30?

Mark

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PM sent...

FYI, the 07MP tubes are wholesaled for around $900 australian from Sony which is around $450 US.

VDC quoted me ~$500US for a brand new one retailed by them.

so I am looking to spend less than that.

Thanks for the replies guys, i really do appreciate it.

Also, in Australia we are lucky to get NEC tubes super cheap, but the same can't be said for Sony and Barco...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.