AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm newly registered to these forums but I've been reading them for years now.

But to the subject. I have a Sony bravia 60ex700 and now I'm having an issue of what I believe to be called "red snow"? Red on dark and black areas all across the screen. Now to mention it isn't stuck pixels, but it changes with the picture and videos and even through out the menus and even during boot. (The Sony logo is white with some black around it but the rest of the screen is red.

Now I know it could be all 4 factors of the LVDS cable, T-Con board, powerboard and even the BAL/input board.

I can supply images and even a short video if needed. I'm just not sure how to attach pictures via the mobile site.

Any and all help will be appreciated to find out what is causing the issue and finding out what part I need to exactly replace.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some photos showing what I am trying to figure out. As far as I've been able to search it is the T-con board. BUT, because it's through out the menus and start up It apparently could more likely be the BAL (balance/input board). I hope someone has had this issue before and was able to fix it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK well I've figured out the issue, it's a bad BAL board. The way I've determined this is that the issue is also in the menus and with cleaning and testing the LVDS cable and it's ports didn't make a difference. And I know the LCD panel is fine due to the facts that it isn't just one area that is affected. The whole screen is only affected after the tv boots and the "red snow" is dynamic not static.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts