AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm relatively clueless about receivers, so any help I can get on this would be much appreciated.

I just bought a Sony STR DE810. It has 3 HDMI inputs, to which I have connected an HD DVD player, Blu-ray player and DVD player.

HD DVD and Blu-ray are working great. The DVD player, a fairly cheap LG I use for multi-region discs, won't give me 5.1, only 2CH. I have tried changing every setting on the receiver, every setting in the player, and nothing works.

This is driving me nuts - can anyone help? I know I'm not giving a lot of info, but I can't understand how HDMI wouldn't be passing everything that's on the DVD.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
DVD player is hooked up with optical? Make sure you don't select PCM output for the DVD player which usually results in the behavior you are seeing.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman /forum/post/12917843

DVD player is hooked up with optical? Make sure you don't select PCM output for the DVD player which usually results in the behavior you are seeing.

No, DVD player is hooked up with HDMI.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Go into the DVD player's audio set-up menu and make sure that DD and DTS (not PCM) are selected. If there's an option for Digital Audio Output, make sure it's ON.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts