AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been the happy owner of a Sony VPH-G70 for six months (purchased new), and have never had a problem with the unit.

Tonight I turned it on to warm it up as usual, and about 7 or 8 minutes after it's warm-up period ended (i.e. about 27 or 28 minutes after powering on) -- it suddenly switched itself off and displayed an error code 23 in the code window.

According to the setup manual, Error 23 means "POW3 (50) - Abnormal in the 50V line.

I tried unplugging it and turning it back on several times, and each time the same thing: It works perfectly for the first 15-25 minutes, then powers off with the same Error Code 23.

I did a search here, and for similar codes people have suggested unplugging and re-seating the 4 main power boards. I tried that, and it didn't change anything.

Help!

Anyone out there ever experience this? Can anyone tell me where in the unit the 50 V line is, and/or what I should look for (or try out)??

Many thanks in advance,

Steve

·
Registered
345 Posts
Steve,

Looks like you have received all the advice that I could give already.

Try:
http://www.projectorspecs.com/

Eric has manuals online there etc. Call him on Monday He might help you out. Sony has consolidated all service on CRTs to NJ.

Your dealer should be helping you as it seems your unit is new.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.