AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Sony 34XBR2 for almost two months. Just this week, a problem started. The set won't turn on until unplugged and plugged back in. When it does come on, all the settings have been wiped, but oddly, rather than returning to the Factory Default, the settings are all 'nulled.' Each "Picture Mode" has every slider (Picture, Contrast, etc.) set to the center position. It is actually necessary to reset to the factory defaults. I need to do this every time I turn the set on. (It sounds to me like a memory or battery problem.)

Sony has not been much help. They just referred me to an "Authorized In -Home Service Center." I am not anxious for a repairman to come to my home only to tell me he must take the set back to his shop for repairs. This set is huge and at 210 lbs, takes 2 STRONG men to move. I'm concerned about physical damage to the set while out for repairs. The plastic finish and speaker grill are delicate!

I live in New York City and wondered if anyone might know of a reputable Sony authorized in-home repair company (or person) in the area, or for that matter, if anyone has a clue of how to solve this problem. I have not even entered the service menu with this set, so I can't imagine it's something I have done.

Thanks to anyone who might be able to help!

Tim

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.