AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to make a decision after 2 years. I'm looking at a Pioneer Pro 730 and a Sony KDP65XBR2. I've noticed that there is a big price drop on these TV's. Does anyone know if there is a problem with them, or is it because of the new TV's coming out in a couple of months. Does the Sony have flicker problems? I can get the Pioneer for about 25% off retail, the Sony 50% off retail. Any information concerning either one of these TV's would be appreciated. I have to make a decision about this in a couple of days. I can wait for something new later on, but the Pioneer is tempting me. Any input would be highly appreciated. I'll be watching cable and DVD's. I've owned a Sony KPR4100 for the last 17 years with no problems and still a decent picture.

Thanks

WTL

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I have the Elite 710 and absolutely love it. The picture out of the box is incredible and you won't be sorry. It is also a beautiful piece of furniture to boot. We have always owned Sonys in the past (a 1977 19 " finally died 3 months ago) but IMHO the current Sony quality doesn't stack up to the Pioneer.

Bottom line - you are the one that will have to live with it - hopefully others will chime in with their Pioneer/Sony experiences to help you make a more informed decision.

Good luck!

Pam

·
Registered
518 Posts
I own a Pioneer Elite PRO-620HD which is 6 months old and experiencing ghosting issues right of vertical objects and chroma noise of S-Video input. Thus far I have had a number of technicans look at the issue and no one has been able to resolve it. I am now waiting for an engineer from Pioneer to look at my problem.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
the Chroma issue on the S-video on the 20 series Elites is a well known problem that Pioneer is aware of. Check out the *************** for further information. the new 30 series Elites do not have this problem. I have a new Elite 530 and I absolutely love it. You can't go wrong with the Elite.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.