AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please advise if you have found a problem or solution regarding the Sony HD200 directions to set-up regarding setting the combination of DVI for video, and the Toslink for Dolby Digital 5.1 audio.

Is there a typo in the Sony directions? It would indicate that the "Type" switch HAS to be flipped to the right when using the DVI connection.

BUT THEN, when using the digital optical (Toslink) connection for Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, it indicates to have the "Type" switch to the right !

So it seems as if Sony is making us decide between 5.1 Dolby Digital sound OR a DVI connection?

Has anyone else noticed this ?:confused::mad:

·
Registered
506 Posts
I connected the HD200's S-video and Digital audio connection to my current TV as my HDTV has not been delivered. Digital audio works with the Type switch set to S-video (opposite direction to DVI).

I haven't read the directions to which you refer. However, Sony is not making you choose between Dolby Digital and DVI based on my setup.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I haven't read those instructions but I can assure you that my HD200 is using the DVI output and Toslink optical DD5.1 simultaneously with no problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.