AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now selling my old faithful sharp and looking at now buying from the states a LT150. My question is how to hook up the LT150 to my toshiba dvd as this is going to be my main source of viewing. can you hook up s-video and how or is there a better way. what kind of picture can I expect. I wont be going down the htpc path. Also a rep told me here today NEC dont have a very good after service. Quote "they sell you a box and not interested in problems or fixing them" maybe thats just the rep any feedback or help appreciated

thanks guys I love the site a good tree of knowledge here

regards

Dennis

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
You can hook up S-Video to the LT-150, but the results are terrible.

At the least, you should be investing in one of the inexpensive, though excellent performing progressive scan DVD players, like the Panasonic RP-56 or RP-91, or the new JVC models (details escape me at the moment).

So, get a decent to great DVD player, and you'll be pleased with the results ;-)

Regards,

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm considering an LT150. I'm by no means knowledgable in the more technical stuff once you get past the different connection types. So, will I be happy with an LT150 and a HiPower screen using just a DTC100 for HD and sat TV, and a regular DVD player - maybe upgrading to a Progressive scan DVD? Am I gonna need a scaler, HTPC, and such, to be happy?

I'm also considering an RPTV, but like the wow factor of a 100" screen - will the video be comparable for HD, Sat, & DVD?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but there're sooo many LT150 posts.

Thanks,

Bobby T

·
Registered
842 Posts
NEC doesn't support its boxes.. that is complete Bull ****.

When White blothes poped up in my unit. NEC sent me a new unit the next morning. They paid for the return of the defective one. The next one had missing feet and I called to tell them. The person on the other side of the phone appologised repeatedly. The next morning.. new LT 150 again.

They absolutelty go out of their way to make things right. Also they will sit there on the phone with you and try to work you throguh any issue.

If only they made a NEC 16:9 DLP like the Sharp. I would be first in line... Well as long as dell doesn't destroy the resale value of my projector one month after I bought it!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Darian

I suspected the rep had his own reasons or agenda for saying it but it is a little disconcerting when you hear it as a consumer about to buy something.I have decided to get a lt150 from AVS and willl be looking forward to getting it

again thanks

Dennis:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.