AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if someone could shed some light on a problem I'm having. I just purchased an LG LW5600 (3d). Since the first day of hooking it up to my cable box I have had an issue w/ sound or picture dropping when the resolution changes. For example, if I'm watching a movie that is showing in 1080i and switch to a channel that is showing 720p I might lose the sound or the picture..either one or the other.

I spoke w/ a tech from LG and they told me to upconvert the pic to automatically push it to 1080 and that seemed to work for awhile but the problem came back. If I leave the cable to a fixed resolution I don't have the problem but then anything that isn't showing in 1080 is a little square and it's annoying lol. I had an LG tech come to the house and he told me that it's most likely the cable. I'm waiting on a cable tech to come but I figured I'd might as well ask around, in case it's something easy that I'm missing.

Thanks

·
Registered
12,316 Posts
Not sure if your cable box has this option, but my DirecTV box allows me to define the fixed output resolution, and it also has an option to pillarbox the image so that when 4x3 "standard def" images exist, they are not stretched. You might have to adjust those settings to get the image the way you like it on the screen.

·
Registered
21,398 Posts
In the cable box, set output to 1080i. 16:9

In the TV, turn off 1:1 pixel mapping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts