I need help setting up my surround system... It consists of

100W Left Speaker

100W Right Speaker

100W Centre Speaker

100W Left Surround

100W Right Surround

100W Subwoofer

*this is RMS*

I'm extremly new to this whole audio thing and based upon the attatched diagram i'm curious where the best place would be to place my speakers as well as my bed for the best possible sound

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Headphones.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I second the above post. That seems the most logical. I would recommend using drapes or something like that since tv/monitor would be across from window and to reduce reflections off the windows from my mains.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar set up. Presently the fron and rear speakers hang from the ceiling. I am upgrading to plasma and wish to move the front speakers lower and put them in the cabinet. Is lower OK for the fronts?

·
Registered
30,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwnorris
Is lower OK for the fronts?
NOOOOOO! Front speakers always sound best when stuck to the ceiling. (I'm kidding, I'm kidding.)

Actually, unless they're in-ceiling/on-ceiling models, it would be a very good idea to lower your front three speakers. The closer you can bring them to ear level, the better.

However, putting them in a cabinet is not a good idea because the internal reflectons can muddy the sound from the speakers. Is there any way you can mount the speakers on the wall around the plasma?

Best,

Sanjay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.