AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, anyone have any idea why my monitors don't work when chained off of Subwoofer?

Here's what I got:

OPPO HA-1 DAC
EVE AUDIO TS108 Subwoofer
ADAM A5X speakers

I'm connecting Sub to Oppo through XLR cables. Then connecting speakers to Sub through XLR cables. Sub is working but speakers not.

When I connect speakers directly to OPPO DAC they work fine. But i want them to work through Sub for filtering, etc. :confused:

What could be the problem?

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Oppo xlr out to sub xlr in. (Speakers)
Sub xlr out to speakers

edit- oppo doesn't have LFE out
Not exactly sure how to do. Sorry.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Yeah man, getting nothing at all.

Tried everything possible on the Sub volume panel.
looking at the sub manual, this should work. I'd check my connections again and then I'd keep playing with the settings. Then I'd call Eve. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Yes. Same cables when ran off the DAC directly to speakers work fine.

It seems that speakers just don't get any signal from the sub. Could it be a hardware conflict? (Adam/EVE Audio)
And you checked the settings on the subwoofer? Does that work, at all?

If the sub doesn't send audio to the satellites, call the manufacturer of the sub.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And you checked the settings on the subwoofer? Does that work, at all?

If the sub doesn't send audio to the satellites, call the manufacturer of the sub.
Yeah, checked all the settings. Sub is working fine on it's own or when sub and speakers are both connected from the source.

I'm not sure if the Sub is faulty, it's brand new arrived from a vendor in France. And i'm outside of the EU.
Sending it back would be a *****, especially when i'm not 100% sure it's the sub's fault (not sending audio to satellites).

I sent an email to the manufacturer. Gonna wait and see what they have to say about it.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Yeah, checked all the settings. Sub is working fine on it's own or when sub and speakers are both connected from the source.

I'm not sure if the Sub is faulty, it's brand new arrived from a vendor in France. And i'm outside of the EU.
Sending it back would be a *****, especially when i'm not 100% sure it's the sub's fault (not sending audio to satellites).

I sent an email to the manufacturer. Gonna wait and see what they have to say about it.
Does the manual include anything about the switches on the back of the sub?

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Are the pin outs on the XLR's the same polarity for sub as the dac? I see the speakers has them listed. maybe the Subs are different and that is why its not working. You might have to swap them around in the XLR cable to match.

You can test with a DMM .

Nashou

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are the pin outs on the XLR's the same polarity for sub as the dac? I see the speakers has them listed. maybe the Subs are different and that is why its not working. You might have to swap them around in the XLR cable to match.

You can test with a DMM .

Nashou
Speakers work fine when connected from DAC. And Sub works fine when connected from DAC. Just no output signal from the Sub.

Anyway, i had someone test the exactly same setup for me (Adam A5X speakers with a TS-108 sub) and they report that all is working fine.

So I must have received a faulty Sub :/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.