AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive lurking around trying to answer my questions by reading, but I finally need to post what im trying to do. I just purchased a pn59d7000 plasma tv.. And now I would like to start building a 5.1 HTS, I will being using it number 1 for movies, 2 gaming and 3 for music (electronic music, bass driving). I plan on buying the front left and right speakers first and then I dont know weather to buy a sub or a center speaker next all by christmas then the rear speakers when I actually get around to getting up in the attic. First I need to buy a receiver, ive been looking at Onkyo TX-NR609 or Denon AVR-1912 (pros/cons?). For the L&R front speakers Klipsch XB-10s (good or bad idea?)... and im open on your guys opinion on center speakers that would work for under $200 and sub for around $300-$400. It will be in my living room which very open with vaulted ceilings about 14ft or so. I am a total noob on HTS.
Thanks in advance for your expertise.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
dzack02 welcome to the fourm. what is the most you want to spend on the entire sys? i dont think it is a good idea to buy stuff at diff times you kinda want your speakers to match for the best sound. Maybe you should save first and then buy it all at once. or maybe go with a home theater in a box. i see you also got alot of space to fill so it going to be a lil challenging filling a huge room. if you do decide to by a reciever first and the left and right.. i would get the sub first then the center after with the surrounds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.