AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the R-12SW hooked up through LFE and I'm having issues with the sub cutting out. The gain is set at 1/4 and it's connected to a Tx-rn636.

The receiver has the sub set at -1db and overall the sub sounds Amazing Atleast to my ears. However during bass heavy intensive scenes it cuts out (sound still coming from speakers) it's only momentarily but extremely annoying.

Can anyone offer any advice for a remedy?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it's the klipsch, when the sub cuts out it occasionally makes a popping noise.

it operates fine within listening levels like 25 to 34, but when I crank it too 38 or above I start to have issues with the klipsch sub. Should I try swapping out the sub to see if it's still happening?

·
Banned
16,232 Posts
Your volume levels are calibrated by Audyssey and you're using the absolute scale? That sure doesn't sound very loud if it is. If all the connections and setup are good then I'd return the sub (if that's what you mean by swapping out....or do you have another sub?). Is this a new setup or?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a brand new setup, and the tx-nr636 does not use audessy. Onkyo decided to skip that this year and use there own version, it seems to do a pretty good job.

I'm still having the issue with the sub cutting out and popping. I'm headed to exchange the sub today in hopes it will resolve the issue.

·
Banned
16,232 Posts
It's a brand new setup, and the tx-nr636 does not use audessy. Onkyo decided to skip that this year and use there own version, it seems to do a pretty good job.

I'm still having the issue with the sub cutting out and popping. I'm headed to exchange the sub today in hopes it will resolve the issue.

Thot that model was slightly older, so it does have AccuEQ and would calibrate the volume scale as well I assume. Now would be the time to consider a better sub, too....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts