AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My setup is an Athlon 1.2ghz with the Zotrix Nightingale Pro and the I/O Magic PVR card. Whenever I record a tv program from cable tv the audio played back has a terrible high pitched buzz. It sounds fine during live play but not when I play back something I recorded.

I have both the live and record set to "line in" using the audio loop cable provided by the I/O Magic card. My audio control settings have the Line In selected for record with everything else off. I've tried turning the others on, like wav, cd, aux, midi etc just to see and those didn't help. Does anyone know what could be the problem?

I heard somewhere that you can record with Dscaler too. I couldn't find anything about that though. I might have just heard wrong.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I also have the IOMAGIC card. But I use a Philips Accoustic Edge sound card and primarly showshifter software for recording.

In my case, my record volume was MUCH louder than my play volume. Using the sound control panel applet I had to lower my record level on LINE-IN about 50% to match the effective playback volume. At least with my sound card the record sensitivity was MUCH higher than the control on the playback.

Maybe you are overdriving your record levels? Try lowering them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.