AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
o.k. here is my problem. I have a dvd player that I am trying to hook up using component cables but for some reason the video comes out all scrambled. I have checked the cables to make sure they are color cordinated and all but the picture still is not right. now my xbox looks fine using component cables to the same tv, but for some reason my dvd player won't work. I have swaped dvd players and even cables but still the same problem. I am beginning to think that my tv is the problem but why would it show video from the xbox and not from my dvd player? any help would be apreciated since this is driving me nuts.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
What are the makes and model numbers? Sometimes it helps to know that.

You might want to recheck the three cables again to make certain that the Y Pb Pr (they might be labeled YUV or Y B-Y R-Y) connections are matched on the DVD player and the display.

Most DVD players only output 480i or 480p over component. You might want to check to ensure that the display accepts 480p if that is how you set the DVD player.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also you may want to check to see if an up-conversion option on the dvd player is on. I had a similar problem on a tv that had component inputs, and only did standard resolutions.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Could it be an issue with progressive scan vs. not?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Really need to know TV model. Some older CRT models would not accept progressive at all even though they had component video. Sounds like a DVD rez output issue though.

What rez is the XBOX running?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts