AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope someone can help me here: I just purchased the 12 disc Red Sox World Series collection on DVD. Now I have a bunch of these games on my DirecTV Tivo saved from last October, but I was hoping to clear some of the Tivo hard drive space with this collection. However, the picture on the DVD looks washed out compared to my Tivo'd games. I have a basic Sony prog. scan player hooked up via component to a Panasonic Plasma. The DirecTV Tivo is connected through an S-video connection. The picture seems clear, but the color particularly seems washed out. I don;t get it, I figured the DVD would be at least equal quality, if not better. I tweaked the settings around but can't quite get it right. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is? Anything I'm doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
If other DVDs look fine with your DVD player, I can't see how the problem could be anything other than the DVDs. Assuming the answer is yes, other DVDs are fine, contact the company that sold you the DVDs and see what they are willing to do. You would hope something that happens only once every 100 years or so could be recorded properly.

Someone will likely stop by and suggest the Sony DVD player isn't any good or your monitor should be calibrated.

Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.