AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi Everyone:

I currently have a Polk setup that includes a RTiA9, CSiA6, FXiA6, and RTIiA3 to complete a 7.0.  Here is where I need your expertise, which of the following would give the most improvement to my home theater experience:

1. SVS PB-1000 x 2 ($949)

2. SVS PB-2000 x 1 ($799)

3. Emotiva XPA-2 ($899)

4. Emotiva XPA-5 ($999)

My Loft (aka poor man's HT Room) is 12x24x8...the back is the stairs to downstairs.  Thank you in advance!!!

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
The 2 subs!! (#1).

Reactions: HKPolkMe

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers  /t/1524064/help-to-improve-on-7-0-system#post_24522647

The 2 subs!! (#1).

Another vote for option 1!!! Dual subs will be a definite improvement.

·
Registered
475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKPolkMe  /t/1524064/help-to-improve-on-7-0-system#post_24522578

Hi Everyone:

I currently have a Polk setup that includes a RTiA9, CSiA6, FXiA6, and RTIiA3 to complete a 7.0.  Here is where I need your expertise, which of the following would give the most improvement to my home theater experience:

1. SVS PB-1000 x 2 ($949)

2. SVS PB-2000 x 1 ($799)

3. Emotiva XPA-2 ($899)

4. Emotiva XPA-5 ($999)

My Loft (aka poor man's HT Room) is 12x24x8...the back is the stairs to downstairs.  Thank you in advance!!!
Very nice! Those mains are exactly what I would love to get (though I'll have to go cheap and get the older RTi12 and CSi5 I think, but this is now off topic and now about you so....)

Definitely subs!

I'd recommend dual PB-2000 just because I'm sure that would be even more-awesome, but that's $1,500 unless you nab outlet specials (and even that won't drop the price very much).

Maybe one PB-2000 and get a second later? Of course, with SVS you could get dual PB-1000 and if you decide it isn't enough, you have a year to upgrade to something bigger. 

*Disclaimer: I don't really know, I'm still a noob, I got my PB-2000 like a week or two ago and have little budget speakers. But man...the bass of that sub (the only "real" sub I have ever had) is just a whole different league.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

I would go with option # 2.  If later you decide it is not enough, you simply buy a second one.  That makes upgrading simple and easy and cost-effective.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I say go for option number 1. Your loft is a pretty big area and dual subs would help even the bass response and fill any nulls in the lower frequencies. Then later when you get the money you can add either the XPA-3 or XPA-5 if you feel you need the extra headroom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts