AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi,

I bought an yamaha rv-475 to pass the sound but I use my tv to play movies and she does not has an hdmi output, just 2 input.

So I acquired an optical cable and connect the TV to the receiver just to pass the sound, I know that this receiver do not process image from the analogic to the hdmi output, but can I pass the sound? YES? how do I do it? I already spend a reasonable time trying.

Thanks 

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

Do you mean the Yamaha RX-V475?

If so, you should hook up all sources to the receiver, and use its HDMI output to go to the TV.  Nothing but the receiver should be hooked up to the TV (in most cases; you will want to tell us all of your gear if you think this does not apply to you).  If you use the TV's tuner for watching TV, then, if your TV supports ARC (Audio Return Channel), you can change the settings in your receiver (and TV) and do not need any other connection from your TV to your receiver, as it will also use the HDMI.  If you use the TV's tuner for watching TV, then, if your TV does not support ARC, you would use the TV's optical output (if it has one) to connect to your receiver.  In which case, you would be hooking up to either AV 1 or 4 on the RX-V475, and you will have to select the appropriate input for listening to it.

If you want more specific advice, you should list all of the gear you have (including brands and model numbers), and explain how you have it all connected together.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

hi,

the tv is a LG PN6500 and the receiver is the YAMAHA RX-V475.

I want to view the movies through the usb from the TV, and the sound of the receiver. The tv has an optical output.

thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts