AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out the Technology Bill of Rights at http://www.digitalconsumer.org and send faxes in your name. They've made it nice and easy to participate.

Hopefully we can stop some of this copy-protection nonsense, which didn't stop Star Wars II from being released on DVD in Malaysia yesterday.

PRMan

·
Registered
232 Posts
The entire bill is not shown here, and while I think you are right in the examples you show, I *don"t* think that our rights are endless. Any widespread distribution of copyrighted material should be illegal. Any copying for profit, too. I don't think the copyright holders can have it all their way, but neither should we.

Dave W.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Quote:
I *don"t* think that our rights are endless
I agree, but this bill is not a good law to curtail what should be curtailed. Stop this bill and make them write a good, fair and just law.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dave2297
Any widespread distribution of copyrighted material should be illegal. Any copying for profit, too.

Dave W.
I assume you mean these things done without permission of the holder of the copyright. Aren't these things already illegal? How does the referenced bill of rights contradict this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.