AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While trying to get my Toshiba DST-3000 to map my locals from DirecTV I somehow managed to loose the HD channels on 509 and 199 - now all they show is "Channel Unavailable". I am receiving the other HBO's with no problems.

When I first set this unit up I had the same problem but they just "appeared" after powering it up from being gone.

I have made sure that it is outputting on the HD mode (do not have any other output connected)and we see all the other channels ok.

The Tosh is:

1. TV Resolustion is Setup to display 1080i.

2. Dish Setup is set for Oval Dish 2

3. Local Providers = Area 1 = My zip code

4. There are no limits set

I have tried Auto Configure for satellite configuration and it says: Switch Type: Simple, Networks: 0,3

Since I had these channels earlier I am ruling out a dish problem but do not know what transponder these channels are broadcast on.

I've checked signal strength on Sat 119 and it is showing a signal strength of:

1-22 = 0

23 = 66

24 = 0

25 = 63

26 = 0

27 = 66

28 = 76

29 = 0

30 = 73

31 = 0 about 60-76 on all transponders.

System test shows everything good.

Any help would be appreciated - wife's gotta watch Sopranos in HD tonight or I am toast!!!

Thanks,

Ben

·
Premium Member
7,156 Posts
Ben,

Are 509 & 199 showing up in your guide?

Are you subbed to HBO. Note the other HBOs are on 101 so not relevant to problems with 119.

Have you tried to bypass the switch and just barrel connector a connection to 119 sat?

Did you recently get a spat of foliage?

Tim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tim,

Thanks for the suggestions - now guess what....

They're back!!!!

Went out for several hours today - came back - turned on the receiver and wham - we've got 509 and 199.

Now if anyone can shed some light on why this might have happened I would be appreciative.

Ben

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.