Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I just bought the Showstopper 2000 and I am setting it up with Toshiba DST3000 HDTV DirecTV STB. I am using IR Blaster which I am certain is positioned correctly. I started with the Toshiba code - no good. Tried every other Satellite code - no good. Called Panasonic - they did not know about the DST3000. Panasonic called Replay TV who called Toshiba who said they would get back to them sometime with the code!!!

I am sure I cannot be the first person to try this combination. Any help greatly appreciated.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Did you try the Hughes codes? That is who designed the box and the Hughes remote I have controls the DST3000. It should work.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I put in the Hughes code but with no success. Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Did you try calling Panasonic or Replay? I can't think of what other codes to use, I know that the box uses Hughes codes. I have a DST3000 and a Hughes E45 receiver that use the same remote. I am not sure if Hughes uses different codes for their other models. The showstopper I have works with the Hughes E45, but I use the serial connection. Something they forgot to include on the HD boxes(except for sony).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey ilkevinli,

Thanks for responding. I have put in code 0749 which according to the manual is the Hughes stellite code. I have the adhesive sensor attached to the DST 3000 center by the green on/off light. My showstopper is the PV-HS2000. Still no success - it tells me there is no video signal and I cannot control the DST 3000. I have tried both composite and s video connections.

Any other thoughts. Still no reply from Panasonic.

Thanks,

Andrew

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi Andrew,

I know in the Sony SVR-2000 you had to go into the menu and select what video input you were using. Did you try that ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I have the correct video input. The setup forces you to do that before you input the code. I guess I am stuck until I get the correct code. The only other possibility I can think of is that the IR blaster sensors are faulty??

Thanks again for your help.

Andrew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.