AVS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys take a look at my vid...makes a loud humming noise when I just turn it on with no inputs. Want to try fix it by myself

I have a link on youtube

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Either ground loop or faulty plate amp. Try plugging it in to another outlet. Also maybe try it another house if it still hums then plate amp is faulty.

Is it humming from the cone or plate amp itself?

·
Registered
757 Posts
I had the same problem. I found out it was the power cord. I ended up putting a ground bypass on the end of the power cord and it solved the problem.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I used to have a really bad ground loop hum. I have 2 subs in my setup and sub #2 has always been hum free but sub #1 always had the hum. I originally thought it was the cable going to my amp. I replaced it and it solved about 80% of the problem. Then I was playing around with the power cord and the hum would stop if I moved the cord the right way. I looked it up and there were guys saying that they broke the ground off of their subs and it solved the problem. I new I had a spare ground bypass plugs lying around so I tried one and it worked.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
My Denon AVR doesn't even have a ground pin, neither do my HDDVD or BD players....the only thing that does is my iNuke3K.
I didn't see the video, and I don't know how old that sub is, but if it's really old it could have leaking filter caps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whoops thought I had posted the link...i made a YouTube clip but it's not letting me post any links :(

Hopefully the Imgue works

1 - 17 of 17 Posts